BrandYourself.com develops software and services that have helped nearly a million people clean up, protect, and improve their online reputation and privacy. The company is best known for turning down one of the largest deals ever on ABC’s hit show Shark Tank ($2 million), receiving the highest valuation ever on BBC’s Dragons Den, and was named one of the fastest growing software-as-a-service companies of 2018.
BrandYourself was the first company to bring the concept of “online reputation management” to mainstream consumers and we are now helping pioneer new tools in the consumer privacy space. We are on a mission to build the ultimate online protection company. We are looking for someone to join our team and continue to build tools that reflect our beliefs:
- We believe something negative online can happen to anyone, and shouldn't define you or prevent you from moving forward with your life.
- We also believe you shouldn't lose opportunities just because other people are better at promoting themselves online.
- You should be able to enjoy the internet and take advantage of it without worrying about your personal privacy or safety.
In addition to our mission for customers, we believe in building a sustainable, profitable company that allows us to foster and maintain a culture that’s able to value long-term thinking. While we have raised money from top tier investors, we’ve grown into a profitable company that gives us the power to be masters of our own destiny.
BrandYourself is headquartered in New York City with a second office in Lancaster, Pennsylvania. For more about us and how we think.
About the Role
BrandYourself.com is searching for a VP of Engineering to lead and grow the company’s engineering team. They will be a key team member that reports directly to the CEO/Founder. They will be a key member of both the technology team and the executive team.
As the company develops new technology and builds new products it is looking for a candidate who has a strong blend of technology expertise, strategic thinking, and business drive. We are looking for someone who has enthusiasm for cutting edge technology including machine learning and AI.
This role will involve 3 key components:
- Technical and Operational Execution
- You will be the primary technical owner of product delivery, working with our Leadership & Product teams to ensure timely, high-quality releases.
- Ensure technical architecture is positioned for scalability & is highly-secure.
- Strategic Vision
- Working with the Leadership & Product teams, you’ll play a key part of creating our product roadmap & defining the operational parameters of product initiatives.
- Work with cross-functional groups around the organization as a trusted advisor to improve the strategic use of technology around the organization.
- Team Management
- You’ll be responsible for building and day-to-day management of the Engineering team.
- You’ll be responsible for the recruiting and hiring of our Engineering team, identifying knowledge/experience gaps and finding cost-effective solutions to fill them.
- You’ll be responsible for fostering and driving the evolution our team culture, and mentoring and leading our Engineers
- 10 years of overall experience in an engineering field, including 6-7 years in a leadership position
- Familiarity with several components of the following technology stack: React/Redux, RabbitMQ, PHP, Redis, JSON API, NodeJS, Python, Nginx, Supervisord, MySQL NDB Cluster, CouchDB
- Experience with high availability webapps
- Offshore, remote or multi-location experience very helpful
- Demonstrated ability to implement agile product development
- Business strategy and goal oriented in approach to decision making, prioritization and performance measurement
- Strong leadership, people management, communication, and analytical skills
- Self-driven and tireless in the pursuit of high-quality results
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Proven project management and time management skills resulting in getting products to market effectively and efficiently